Think of a product. Like lean, mean software. For sports betting. With the best possible real-time solutions.
Now think of innovating the testing process. Stopping bugs from reaching production.
Paying special attention to how and what is delivered.
Directly tailoring the experience for tens of thousands of people daily.
What it's like working with us?
A typical product team consists of a product manager, developers, and yourself. Sometimes other roles are available such as a designer, data analyst, or UX researcher.
Here's a recap of a couple of weeks worth of work:
- A planning meeting was held, and the team agreed on which tasks to work on
- Jira enabled successful collaboration, and the team tested new features based on the test strategy you all agreed on
- During the week, the team had communicated over Slack and supported colleagues from other teams when they asked for help
- The team worked on refining requirements and providing clarity on the tasks to be developed in the future
- There were several releases to the production. In this process, the team followed the agreed release procedures
- You assessed the quality within your team and documented it. You analyzed if there are possible improvements to the process. You discussed possible improvements with the team
- You spoke with your manager in a 1on1 session, discussed your career, performance, and provided feedback
- You aligned your efforts with the rest of the engineering community specializing in QA daily, sharing knowledge by discussing relevant topics or collaborating on multi-team initiatives
- Your efforts helped ensure the quality is continuously improved and that the product you're building is outstanding. Our customers' experience and team performance were ever so slightly better than last month
What you'll be doing?
- Ensuring defects are not reaching production by setting quality gates in the development process
- Collaborating with the product team members, establishing quality goals, and providing reports through an independent assessment of the state of quality
- Developing technical solutions, i.e. tools to assist software testing, quality summary dashboards, etc.
- Increasing testing process effectiveness and coverage
- Implementing metrics, analyzing data to identify patterns, reporting findings to development partners, and influencing software development quality
- Learning betting domain knowledge, collaborating with other engineers in establishing best practices
- Testing software manually, developing automated tests, and coaching other engineers how to test software effectively
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Worked at least three years as a Tester, QA Engineer, Software Engineer or had a similar role with a focus on quality- Has experience in the development of test automation frameworks, automated tests and other QA focused tools
- Has experience with OOP, proficient in at least one language
- Is proactive and devoted to growing your professional skills
- Is able to demonstrate a collaborative spirit and excellent communication skills
- Has high proficiency in speaking and reading the English language
- ISTQB Certifications
- Experience using Jira or similar Task Management tool
- Experience using Xray or similar Test Management tool
What do we offer:
- Knowledge-sharing culture
- Use of latest technologies and tools
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Personal education budget
- Flexible working hours
- Remote work whenever you need
- Open vacation policy
- Additional health care Insurance
- Multisport card
- Parking space
- Team fun budget
- Travel opportunities
We are a team of engineers and product designers that are experts at building scalable, high-performance betting platforms that process millions of transactions daily.
Keeping the ball rolling since 2011, now we’re part of Superbet, one of the largest sports betting operators in the region, with offices around the world.
Should we talk? Let's talk!